| Introducing Alternative Building Material
- Truly Green (non-petroleum based)
- Near carbon free solutions (Near Zero Emissions solution)
What is Truly Green ?
Recycling Waste. Converting waste into wealth
What is Carbon Footprint?
Total amount of greenhouse gases produced to directly and indirectly support human activities Expressed in equivalent tons of Carbon Dioxide (CO2)
What is CO2 Emissions
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is emitted naturally through carbon cycle and through human activities like burning of fossil fuels.
CURRENT BUILDING TREND
• Building with brick - complex & time consuming
• Water, mixing sand, cement to make mortar
• Manual labor intensive
• Curing & plastering with cement / lime mortar.
NATURAL RESOURCES USED :
For constructing 1 sq.m brick wall
WATER = 350 lit / m2 wall
RIVER SAND = 0.25 m3 / m2 masonry
BRICKS = 110 bricks / m2 wall
AGRI. SOIL = 0.154 m3 / m2 wall
CO2 EMISSION = 46.5 Kg / m2 wall
Production of Clay Bricks
Annual production of clay : 100 billion bricks bricks in India
According to BMTPC
Cumulative brick demand : 1350 billion for 2001 — 2006
Cumulative brick demand : 21286 billion for 2006— 2011
impact of burnt clay bricks:
1. Degrades fertile agricultural land
2. Affects food production
3. Burning bricks using coal or wood cause CO2 emission
4. Depletes water
5. Depletes sand
6. Brick making & its handling cause pollution.
7. We need building materials that would:
8. -- Recycle Waste
9. -- Cut construction time
10. -- Cut cost
11. -- Lower Green House Effect
12. -- Resistant to Natural calamities and weather
14. -- Thermally efficient
15. -- Inert and long lasting
Alternative building material : GYPCRETE
- Low energy based inert material.
- 95% Phospho Gypsum
- Fertilizer by-product / waste without causing CO2 emission
- Walls made without joints and plastering.
- Used for wall and floor / roofing.
- Used for Load bearing and Partition walls.
- Not chemically or biologically reactive.
- Ideal for coastal areas (salty weather conditions).